To make your lawn look attractive and beautiful, it is vital that you keep your lawn always thick. A thick lawn is possible only through regular seeding. Lawn Seeding or planting of the lawn is not that hard. If you follow some simple technique, you can easily make your lawn thick. Here are some of the easy steps that you can follow to make your lawn thick.
- Make sure that you buy the best seeds for the lawn. You can make a thick lawn only if the productivity of the seed you bought is high. If you need a highly standard seed, you may want to evaluate the seed as per the rating of National Turf Evaluation Program (NTEP). This rated seed can give you green grass with insect resistant capacity.
- Lawn Seeding also needs preparation of the soil. Do not forget to loosen at least few inches of the top soil. This helps to provide better aeration to the soil. Make sure that there is no debris or rough material that can restrict the seeding.
- Never use any chemical or weed killer before seeding. This might decrease the capacity of the seed and in some of the cases, it may even make seed unproductive.
- You need to have a particular technique to plant the seed. Ensure that you have spread the seed properly on the lawn so that they do get uniformly distributed. If there are many seeds in a particular location, it will cause seeds to fight for space, and it may make many seeds unproductive.
- Ensure that you have maintained enough moisture on the ground to help seed germinate. Keep watering.
Thus, these are some local methods that you can use or implement to enhance the thickness of the lawn in our house.